In celebration of the glorious summer we are having here, I want to share 15 journaling prompts about travel and adventure. It’s a big, wide, world out there, and chances are we’ll only see a fraction of it! Travel and adventure are both important to me and bring me a lot of joy and fulfilment, so I enjoy using journaling to reflect on past experiences and explore future travel dreams.
Whatever your feelings about and relationship to travel and adventure, it’s fun and interesting to unpack this topic, and I hope you enjoy contemplating the questions below:
- What does adventure mean to you?
- How can you find adventure at home today?
- What are your favourite travel memories?
- Which do you believe is more important: the journey or the destination? Why?
- What do you love about travelling?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life so far?
- What is one way you can add more adventure to your daily life this week?
- Where have you been that feels like home away from home?
- Write about one interesting or unexpected experience you’ve had because of travel or adventuring—at home or abroad.
- What is your favourite method of transport?
- What was the last trip you took? What was it like?
- What have you gained through travel? And what have you lost along the way?
- How do you plan an adventure: have everything ready down to the smallest detail? Show up and see what happens? Something in between?
- What languages do you speak (or would like to speak)?
- What will your next adventure be?
If you enjoyed these prompts and want more, I invite you to take a look at The Year of You. This is a guided journey through the most important areas of life, using a daily journaling prompt as a springboard to dig deep, learn more about yourself, and discover what makes you you. The book is available in ebook and paperback format and you can find out more about it here here.