If you’ve been part of the Becoming Who You Are community for a while, you’ll know reading is a huuuuuge part of my life. Books are a source of education, inspiration and entertainment, and I’m always looking to discover new reads. That’s why I’ve decided to create a personal growth reading challenge for the new year! I intend to use this challenge to make time for books that will improve different aspects of my life.
Here are a couple of notes about the challenge:
- I’ve included 26 books, which equals a book every two weeks. If you want to read more or less than this, feel free!
- Some of the topics are deliberately broad (for example, the first two) so you can find books that are relevant to you
- I’ve included a couple of topics because they are relevant to where I am in my life right now. It might not be so relevant to you—although it could still be interesting—so feel free to substitute these topics for those that relate to your life.
- You can find a handy checklist graphic to download below. Print it off, put it somewhere you can keep track of your progress, share it with friends, and invite others to join in the fun. The more the merrier!
So, are you ready? Let’s up level our health, happiness, self-discovery and general wellbeing :)
The 2018 personal growth reading challenge
A book about…
- A subject related to your past
- A subject related to your future
- Achieving your goals
- Love and relationships
- Families and childhood
- Physical health
- Mental health
- A skill you’d like to learn
- A subject or current event that piques your interest
- A book specifically written for your gender
- Emotional intelligence
- The mind-body connection
- Minimalism/lifestyle design
- A problem or challenge you’d like to solve/improve
What books do you intend to read? Are there any topics you’d add to this list? Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Further reading (and inspiration for your challenge): 10 personal growth books that have had a huge impact on my life & 10 must-read books that will help you better your relationships & 10 powerful books on self-care that will enrich your life
Photo by Jacalyn Beales on Unsplash