#102: The Art of Pivoting in Life and Work with Jenny Blake
Change is an inevitable part of life, so how can we give ourselves the best chance of navigating big transitions as smoothly and constructively as possible? In today's episode, I'm joined by Jenny Blake to talk about her latest book Pivot, and how we can cultivate a mindset that will support us as we attempt to answer the big question "What's next?"Jenny is an author, career and business strategist and international speaker who helps people organize their brain, move beyond burnout, and build sustainable, dynamic careers they love. Jenny is the author of Pivot: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One (Portfolio/Penguin Random House, September 2016), and Life After College (Running Press, 2011), which is based on her blog of the same name. Today you can find her at JennyBlake.me where she explores systems at the intersection of mind, body and business.
Episode: The Art of Pivoting in Life and Work with Jenny Blake
Topics we cover include:
- Why a pivot mindset is necessary to thrive in today’s world
- Why you don’t need to know your purpose (and what to focus on instead)
- The four stages of any pivot (and how to apply them to different areas of your life)
- Why it’s crucial to look at what’s working now before we look at where we want to go next
- The power of staying connected to your body during transitions
- How to tell the difference between our gut instinct and external conditioning
- Why it’s important to shift from black and white thinking to asking combinatorial questions: “How can I do this and do/have this?"
…and much more!