#96: Overcoming People-Pleasing and Creating Healthy Boundaries with Amy E. Smith
In this episode I'm talking to the lovely Amy E. Smith about creating healthy boundaries, people-pleasing and how both of these things start with our own sense of worthiness.
Amy is a certified confidence coach, masterful speaker, and personal empowerment expert. Founder of TheJoyJunkie.com, Amy uses her roles as coach, writer, podcaster, and speaker to move individuals to a place of radical personal empowerment and self-love. With acute focus on helping people "find their voice", she is highly sought after for her uncommon style of irreverence, wisdom, and humor and has been a featured expert on Fox 5 San Diego and YourTango.com.
Episode: Overcoming People-Pleasing and Creating Healthy Boundaries with Amy E. Smith
Topics we cover include:
- Some of the most common misconceptions around what boundaries are (and the truth behind them)
- Amy's 3-step system for establishing clear boundaries
- A useful visualisation for unhooking from what other people think
- A powerful question we can ask ourselves whenever we're struggling to express our boundaries
- How we can bring the unconscious beliefs that stop us communicating boundaries to light (including beliefs around worthiness and being enough)
…and much more!
Share the Wisdom
Subscribe to the Podcast