Episode 42: A Self-Help Roundtable with Jake Desyllas and Stephanie Murphy
This episode is an impromptu (and slightly jet-lagged!) conversation between myself, Stephanie Murphy and Jake Desyllas on self-help. We recorded this conversation while at the Libertopia conference in San Diego over Labor Day weekend. As we were having so much fun hanging out and we each have our own podcasts, we decided to create a podcast mash-up!Topics we cover include:
- Why self-help has such a tacky reputation in western culture
- Why the quick-fix approach is so popular
- What real "self-help" is all about
- Which red flags to look out for when it comes to personal development "gurus"
- The first, and most important, step to take when it comes to making changes
Say HelloJake:Twitter: @thevoluntaryFacebook: www.facebook.com/thevoluntarylifeWebsite: www.thevoluntarylife.comEmail: email@example.comStephanie:Twitter: @porctherapyFacebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Porc-Therapy/183493021795Website: www.porctherapy.comEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgHannah:Twitter @becomewhourFacebook: www.facebook.com/becomingwhoyouareWebsite: www.becomingwhoyouare.netEmail: email@example.comSubscribe to the Podcast CreditsIntro and outro: Stephanie MurphyPhoto: !ogan-paig3(: via Compfight cc