Episode 47: How to Pursue Multiple Passions with Emilie Wapnick from Puttylike.com
This episode is an interview with Emilie Wapnick from Puttylike.com. Emilie is a self-identified "Multipotentialite" (someone who pursues multiple passions and interests as hobbies or as part of their career) and, with Puttylike and her online community, the Puttytribe, she is spreading the message of multipotentialism far and wide.We talk about:
- What being a multipotentialite is all about, and how it can influence your career choices
- Why it's more important to create a culture that fits in with who you are, rather than the other way around
- How having multiple interests enables you to offer more value, whatever you're doing
- How to find time when it doesn't feel like you have any
- Time management, comfort with being a beginner, and other important skills and qualities multipotentialites need to develop
- The key to talking about your multiple passions with others
- Examples of famous multipotentialites who prove that it's not that unusual after all...
And much more.The idea of multipotentialism blew my mind when I first heard about it so I'm happy to be bringing you this episode today. Many thanks to Emilie for sharing her wisdom and insights into how to spend your time doing the things you love.
Join the Puttytribe (affiliate link)Refuse to Choose - Barbara SherSuper Rich: A Guide to Having It All - Russell SimmonsDo You!: 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success - Russell SimmonsThe 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich - Tim FerrissThe Art of Non Conformity - Chris GuillebeauSecrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar: How Self-Education and the Pursuit of Passion can Lead to a Lifetime of Success - James Bach
Subscribe to the Podcast
Intro and outro: Stephanie Murphy