Welcome to Becoming Who You Are!
Thank you for taking the time to visit this little corner of the internet.
Becoming Who You Are is about living whole-heartedly and authentically, with courage and kindness.
We talk about topics like boundaries, self-awareness, compassion, self-responsibility and more. More than anything, we cover taking these concepts and truly living them.
Being human is a complex, beautiful, intense and rewarding experience. My hope is that this site encourages you to create your own personal adventure :)
“Just what I needed to hear. A beautiful combination of wisdom, compassion (for oneself and others) and acceptance, with a healthy dose of self love and boundary setting.”
I started this site as a personal blog in 2010. I became interested in psychology and personal development after going through my own personal challenges and created this space to process and share my ideas, questions, and inspiration with a few friends. Over the past 8 years, I’ve healed and grown through therapy, coaching, self-study, and experiential training. Today, I’m honoured and grateful to have the chance to focus full-time on sharing ideas here, as well as supporting creatives through my other site, hannahbraime.com.
A few facts for the curious:
- I’m a Myers-Briggs INFJ, which means I play my cards pretty close to my chest until I know/like/trust someone, and am most fulfilled when I leave people and places better off than when I found them.
- I read 100+ books per year, most of them related to personal growth. When I’m not in the psychology or self-help sections, you’ll find me reading up on entrepreneurship and business or getting lost in a good novel.
- Top 5 strengths: love of learning, kindness, curiosity, leadership and judgement.
- The level of mysticism in the personal development world is one of my pet peeves. I’m all for people being able to choose to believe what they want, but this is a crystal healing and mercury retrograde-free zone ;).
- I’m originally from the UK but, as of August 2015, my husband (Mr BWYA) and I will be permanent tourists. This means we don’t technically “live” anywhere, but slow travel from country to country (permanent summer FTW).
Enough about me, who are you?
Do you accept guest posts?
Yes! If you’re interested in sharing your ideas with the community, find out more here.
Can I share posts from Becoming Who You Are?
Yes, thank you! Please feel free to share excerpts from this site, provided you add “Originally published on Becoming Who You Are” and link back to the original post or page. Please don’t republish whole posts as this potentially hurts both of us in the SEO department. If you do share, let me know so I can say thanks :)
Do you give advice via email?
I love hearing from readers, however with a new baby I don’t have time to respond to long and/or complex questions or discussions. If you have a question and would like support, the best place to start is the Becoming Who You Are Facebook community. It’s a lovely and welcoming environment :)