Welcome to Becoming Who You Are!
Thank you for taking the time to visit this corner of the internet.
Becoming Who You Are is about living whole-heartedly and authentically, with courage and kindness.
We talk about topics like boundaries, self-awareness, compassion, self-responsibility and more. More than anything, we cover taking these concepts and truly living them.
Being human is a complex, beautiful, intense and rewarding experience. My hope is that this site encourages you to create your own personal adventure :)
“Just what I needed to hear. A beautiful combination of wisdom, compassion (for oneself and others) and acceptance, with a healthy dose of self love and boundary setting.”
If you enjoy Becoming Who You Are and would like to support the website, check out my Patreon page.
Patreon is a simple way for you to contribute to this site and support the free content, tools and resources here. As a thank you for your support, you can get special Patron-only perks and rewards; find out more here.
Hello! I’m an author, blogger, and rational optimist.
I started this site as a personal blog in 2010. I became interested in psychology and personal development after going through my own personal challenges and created this space to process and share my ideas, questions, and inspiration with a few friends. Over the past 10 years, I’ve healed and grown through therapy, coaching, self-study, and experiential training. Today, I’m honoured and grateful to have the chance to focus full-time on sharing ideas here, as well as supporting creatives through my other site, hannahbraime.com.
A few facts about me:
- I’m a Myers-Briggs INFJ. I love connecting with people and also need alone time, I’m opinionated but also want everyone to be happy, I rally against perceived inconsistencies and injustices, and I believe that ideas only matter if we do something with them.
- I read 100+ books per year, most of them related to personal growth. When I’m not in the psychology or self-help sections, you’ll find me reading up on entrepreneurship and business or getting lost in a good novel.
- My biggest influences are Brené Brown, Carl Rogers, Nathaniel Branden, person-centred therapy, stoic philosophy, and the people I’ve had the opportunity to meet through running this website.
- Top 5 strengths: love of learning, kindness, curiosity, leadership and judgement.
- I’m married and have a baby daughter. She is my number one priority.
- The level of mysticism in the personal development world is one of my pet peeves. I’m all for people believing what they want, but this is a crystal healing and mercury retrograde-free zone ;).
- I love to travel and can fit everything I own into a (large) suitcase.
Enough about me, who are you?
Can I email you for advice?
I believe advice is most helpful when we have a range of voices and perspectives to choose from. If you have a question and would like support, the best place to start is the Becoming Who You Are Facebook community. It’s a lovely and welcoming environment :)
Do you accept guest posts?
Yes! If you would like to share your ideas with the Becoming Who You Are community, find out more here. I prefer to hear from authors themselves and don’t accept agency or third party submissions.
Will you interview me on your podcast? // Can I interview you?
I’m not booking podcast interviews right now but you are welcome to submit a guest post.
If you’d like to interview me for your podcast or project, thanks for considering me. I’d love to hear from you.